This position requires candidates to be able to pass a drug test and provide their own transportation and light duty tools. Other required skills include: ability to read blueprints, metal stud and wood framing, demolition, install doors, frames and hardware, as well other general carpentry items. Compensation is based on years of experience.
· Work and maintain knowledge of various construction materials including wood, fiberglass, steel, and concrete.
· Arrive to jobsite on time, prepared and ready to work.
· Capacity to read and interpret building plans/blueprints to understand assigned tasks.
· Take measurements and calculate the size and quantity of material needed.
· Ability to independently frame (metal and wood studs), install cabinetry, install windows, doors & hardware, acoustical ceilings, and other carpentry tasks.
· Check quality of work to ensure it is up to code and specifications.
· Ensure compliance with safety regulations to minimize risk of workplace accident.
· Adept at maintaining good eye to hand coordination when working on materials with various tools.
· Utilize a range of tools and equipment to complete assigned tasks.
· Maintain a clean, safe, and organized work area.
· Load, unload, relocate, and inventory materials as they are delivered to jobsite.
· Other tasks as assigned by jobsite supervisor.
· Good understanding of basic math.
· Good physical condition and endurance, ability to lift 25+ lbs.
· Fluent in English language.
· Proficient with electric, manual and measurement tools (power saws, hammers, rulers etc.)
· Hands-on experience in working with carpentry materials.
· Excellent understanding of carpentry techniques and methods of installation and construction.
· Capable of receiving and following instructions and communicating with co-workers.
· Follows established safety rules and regulations and maintains a safe and clean environment.
· Has reliable transportation to and from job sites.